Concierge-Publishing.com is a one-stop resource for helping writers self publish, print and sell their books online with bookstores such as Amazon.com, and BarnesandNoble.com. We also assist in the creation of a mobile-device edition that will be available through the Kindle Store and the iBook Store.
We hand-hold aspiring authors through the sometimes daunting and confusing journey of selfpublishing. We make simple the processes of editing, typesetting, layout, logo design, illustrations, figures, tables, pagination, cover design, and preparing a manuscript for print-on-demand (POD) publication. We have published successful books through companies like: CreateSpace.com., Lulu.com, as well as other print/binding or print-on-demand companies.
The world of publishing is going through a significant revolution in recent years where authors are no longer limited by the acceptance or rejection proposition of a large publishing company. Print-On-Demand (POD) is a digital printing technology that allows a complete book to be printed and bound in a matter of minutes. Digital printing makes it easy and cost-effective to produce books one or two at a time or in small lots, rather than in larger print runs of several hundred or several thousand.
There are numerous reasons a writer might choose to self-publish their book but here are just a few that stand out.
- Speed - Depending on the size of the book, our publication cycle can be as little as 45 days. If your book concept is time sensitive because of its topical subject matter, then self-publishing can give you a tremendous advantage by beating the big publishing houses to the marrket allowing you to essentially "corner-the-market" on the topic.
- Control - You keep all the publishing rights to your work as well as have control over how it will ultimately look and feel to your reader.
- Marketability - If your book targets a specific market but you are unsure of its viability to produce profits, then self-publishing can be a way to prove the market for your idea. Once proven, your book will be taken seriously by major publishers.
- Profit - Typical publishing royalities are between 5-10% but with self-publishing your profit margin can be up to 70% or higher.
- Status - Perhaps your goal is to enhance your resume or increase your status among your peers and collegues in your field of study. Self-publishing is a perfect way to build on your career.
- Legacy - Many authors have altruistic goals and the desire to share, inform and educate the world about something important they have learned. Self-publishing is the perfect way to achieve this desire.